Welcome to Year 5’s class page. Please see below for an overview of our learning and some useful links.
Please use the table below to support your child to learn at home. If you scroll further down, you will see a breakdown of our learning over the next couple of weeks. Please look out for messages on Marvellous Me.
|English||www.purplemash.com Click on the English icon on the homepage.|
https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student Enter our postcode – SG29PP. Then enter your username and password.
www.purplemash.com Click on the Maths icon on the homepage.https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/
www.purplemash.com Click on the Topics icon and then the Science icon. Then click on Materials.https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zryycdm
|Topic - History||
www.purplemash.com Click on the Topics icon and then the Ancient Greeks icon.
|PSHE||www.purplemash.com Click on the Topics icon and then the PSHE icon.|
|RE||www.purplemash.com. Click on the Topics icon and then on Celebrations and Faith.|
These are the spellings we are focusing on this half-term. We are also practising our spellings for the Spelling Bee.
- words spelt with or
- words spelt with au
- words spelt with the suffix ate
- words spelt with the suffix ise
- words spelt with the suffix ify
- words spelt with the suffix en
We are focusing on non-chronological reports. If you would like some more information about this text type and how to support your child, please look at this link.
We will be looking at:
- titles, subheadings and paragraphs
- writing a good introduction
- describing in a way that is appropriate for a non-fiction text
- how to research using websites and books
- planning an attractive layout for a text about the alpine biome
We will also be revisiting key Year 5 skills:
- brackets, dashes and commas for parenthesis
- writing using a range of conjunctions
- writing using relative clauses
- writing using fronted adverbials
- reflection and translation
- estimate, compare, measure and draw angles
- identify unknown angles
In Science, we are learning all about the properties of materials.
Topic – History
Our topic work has been all about Ancient Greece.
In PSHE, we have been learning about staying safe online. Specifically, we have been looking at what is safe/unsafe to share online.
Our focus in RE is on ultimate questions, and in particular, the question of how the world began. We have looked at the creation stories of different religions.
In Music, we are looking at sequencing sounds and layering different instruments.