Our Community Links
- Bliss is a charity for babies born too small, too soon or too sick. They are a UK charity working to provide the best possible care and support for all premature and sick babies and their families. We have chosen them as our charity for this academic year because unfortunately a family member of one of our staff needed their support this summer. Over the year we are holding a variety of fundraising activities. Our first was a balloon race and three balloons made it all the way to Denmark!
- Bridge Builders is a Christian Trust that works in partnership with primary school teachers, church leaders and many committed volunteers in Stevenage and the surrounding area. They run several assemblies over the year focusing on bringing the bible stories to life and engaging the children.
- Broadhall Bunnies is a friendly preschool run by a qualified and experienced staff who offer a wide range of activities for children between the ages of 2 and 4 years. They are situated in Featherstone Wood School where they have their own classroom with a secure outside play area that is exclusively for our use; we also have use of the school's outside facilities, wooden play equipment, large play ground and school field.
Kadoma link school. As of December 2014, our school was linked with West View School in Kadoma, Zimbabwe. West View was an appropriate link because Stevenage is actually twinned with Kadoma. We are very excited about our partnership; our goal is to learn about each other’s cultures through various projects across the school. Year 6 have already written to the pupils of West View and are awaiting a reply. Two year 6 representatives will be in charge of projects and organising a display board to show the activities completed. Our first project will start in January. Please click to read their 2014 newsletter.
- Knebworth WI (Evening) we are very lucky to have volunteers from the WI come in and hear readers on a weekly basis. They also join us for special events over the year. This has gone down very well with our children who love having a 1-1 person to read with and the volunteers are enjoying it greatly too!
- The Little Performers are a dance company specialising in Street Dance, Musical Theater, Cheerleading and Contemporary. The Little Performers teach in various primary schools throughout Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire and also hold dance classes outside of school hours.
- Secondary Schools - we work closely with our local secondary schools especially Barnwell and Marriotts around transition for our year 6 pupils. We also visit for mentoring, writing and science workshops amongst others.
- Shephall Children’s Centre offers advice and support to parents and is located at 5 The Hyde, Stevenage, SG2 9SD. 01438 729466.
- Shephall United FC use our grounds for some of their training sessions.
- SPLAT Stevenage Play Learning & Activity Team Ltd is an out of school childcare provider, focusing on supporting children's play opportunities out of school hours. They use our premises to provide a holiday club to all the residents of South Stevenage. The club provides a range of play opportunities and activities as well as a lunch, chill out area, computer, lots of outdoor activities, creative and imaginative play and much much more. For more information log on to www.splatstevenage.co.uk or contact the team on 07514 188258 or email@example.com
- Stevenage Crucial Crew provides interactive safety education to Yr 6 (10/11yo) in Stevenage and the surrounding villages over a two week period each year. In a two hour visit, pupils go round ten safety scenarios and interact with these - learning about danger - and how to avoid it!
- Stevenage Educational Trust the aim of the Trust is to support the best possible opportunities for the young people and their families who live in the local area. It was established in September 2011 and has developed a wide range of activities to support schools and young people over the past two years. These include our School Family Workers who support schools, children and families and organise parenting courses and Network meetings for professionals.
Featherstone Wood Primary School is not responsible for the content of external sites.